What is a natural latex mattress?
What are the main benefits of a natural latex mattress?
- Natural origin. Latex is made from the rubber tree, Hevea Brasiliensis, and therefore free from harmful chemicals.
- Progressive support. Latex feels comfortably soft at first touch and as you settle deeper in your mattress, it gives you full support. That's why latex is ideal for providing back support. It adapts to the body contours, keeping proper alignment of the spinal column.
- Excellent pressure distribution for a good blood circulation.
- Elastic, allowing you to move freely at night. Latex is made of millions of molecular springs, ensuring support in every point of your body.
- Naturally anti-dust mite, anti‐microbial and anti‐bacterial and therefore, good for people with allergies.
- Good breathability for a comfortable sleeping temperature & excellent moisture absorption. Latex has an open cell structure and has ventilation holes allowing you to sleep in a fresh environment.
- High durability. Latex mattresses are known to last longer than mattresses made of other materials such as spring coil and PU foam.
What is the ideal firmness?
Our bodies are not flat. When a mattress is too hard, you sleep on top of it and you get no support. All weight will be supported by two pressure points, resulting in bad blood circulation. If your mattress does not follow the contours of your body, then it is time to change your mattress.
Sagging in the middle at the heaviest part of your body is what you get if your mattress is old or of low quality. Such mattress is very bad for your back because it does not give the support that your body needs. If your mattress shows signs of sagging, we recommend you to change your mattress immediately.
The right mattress gives you both comfort and support. It feels soft and comfortable at first touch, but as you sink deeper, it gives you full support, so that your spine is in the right position and your body pressure is evenly distributed. We call this progressive support. All of our mattresses provide the “just right” support. We use high-quality materials like 100% natural latex which mold perfectly to your body contours and are elastic at the same time.
- < 60 kg: soft
- 60‐90 kg: medium or firm
- > 90 kg: firm
Try our mattresses and you’ll know what we mean by “just right”. At Heveya® Dubai, we make only quality mattresses that suit your needs best.
What are the health benefits of a good mattress?
So the importance of a good and supportive mattress cannot be underestimated. It will improve the quality of your life.